Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sister Friden

This girl gave her farewell talk today:

She leaves Wednesday (ground hog day hahaha) for the mtc. I'm so excited for her to start this new adventure in her life! Since I couldn't be at her farewell (obviously), my parents emailed me a voice recording of her talk. I teared up a bit (this is the only time I'll mention that, if you tell anyone I'll deny it)...she'll be an amazing missionary. :) Truth is I've always looked up to her, (my whole family really). They are probably the number one reason I have stayed strong in the gospel. They don't just preach it, the live it. Hayley (and the rest of my family) don't really know how much I've looked up to them throughout my life; late at night when I was bored I'd go into Hayley's room and beg her to entertain me, but she'd be a good girl and would be reading her scriptures, writing in her journal, and doing all those little things that I should have been doing. I feel the same about all my siblings (and parents). They always are found doing those little things that I should be doing. I really can't put into words how much of an impact they have made in life; it's their actions and the way they live their lives that I will always be grateful for. Any who like Bishop Gauchay said, Hayley will be a real treat! LOVE YOU!
Aren't they great?
On a side note, I taught Young Womens today. Weird. You may call me Sister Friden. The girls are probably like "why is an 18 year old teaching us...shouldn't she be sitting with us?" I feel the same way, I really do.

1 comment:

  1. I made you tear up. Way to go me! Heather is a softy at heart. haha. Well you are too shweet for words. AND it's funny you pointed out the "treat" part, that's the part that everyone else thought was hilarious (namely Kelley and Jenny)

    ReplyDelete