Monday, January 10, 2011

Kitchen Duty...

So I have been in London for about 5 days now, and I have loved everything about it. Except (drum roll please) KITCHEN DUTY! Welcome to London Heather, you will now be my slave for the next week. Really though, you will clean about 10 nasty greasy chicken pans, then you will clean about 10 foul potato bowls, then you will dry them and put them away then you will sweep and mop then you will chop the salad greens, you will set the table for 50 and do 10 loads of regular dishes (totaling 100ish plates give or take of few). Okay basically thank you mom...minus I'm doing it for 50 people instead of 10 or however many you would cook for. I do realize that everyone takes their turn for "Kitchen Duty" and I just so happened to be the first, and so no one understands how atrocious it is except for the other 5 people who are doing it with me. It really does take 4 hours of our day away, and not to complain or anything, but I want those 4 hours back!! Wednesday night will be a glorious night. After I finish putting the dishes away I will definitely be doing a victory dance of sorts.
(I tried to upload a picture of dirty dishes here, because I'm aware blogs are no fun with out them. Cursed internet, another thing I don't love about London.)
Okay I know this blog was me complaining, (and 'you' are all thinking shut up you're in London stop complaining) so I figure I should mention my favorite things about London so far...
1. Walking the streets of London, everything is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
2. Nandos. (They have amazing pita pocket lemon herb chicken stuff, seriously sooo good)
3. The tube, it works like a dream.
4. Chocolate.
5. All the free galleries.
6. The shows (apparently if I see a show every night I'm here, I still won't see all the shows London has to offer).
7. The people I'm here with. We all get along so great.
Coming to London has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life and I'm SO glad I'm here...even though I have Kitchen Duty.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like doing dishes at home should be no problem after this :)
    ANDDDD I'm very happy you are loving London! We need to Skype

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forget when we had 40 missionaries for dinner in Fresno! So glad that you have had kitchen duty practice. By the time you do your second week, you'll be in fine form!

    ReplyDelete