Friday, January 7, 2011

BYU London Centre

I made it to LONDON! Everything travel wise went so smoothly (at least for me, Lyse lost her luggage and still doesn't have it). So the video below shows where I will be living for the next 4 months. WARNING: it could be very boring BUT if you're planning on coming here and are blog stalking me this would be cool. I won't be offended if you don't watch it. Actually it takes 5 hours to upload a 7 minute video...maybe when I have 5 spare hours I'll post it. Until then I'm sorry, and now my title to this post is irrelevant. Anywho...

This is what I have done so far:
I took at taxi to the Centre (this is London from my taxi).
We went for a walk in Hyde park
Saw this cool gazebo in Hyde park.
Saw the Prince Albert (Queen Victoria's husband) memorial in Hyde park.
Saw whatever this is in Hyde park (same guy who did the bean in Chicago).
Went to the Tower of London.

Saw the Tower bridge.

Saw the crown jewels (you can't take pictures inside, but I'll have you know I saw the largest diamond in the world today).

Saw these cute blue doors. I love them.

Saw the London Eye and Parliament.

Saw Ben.
Went to Westminster Abbey (once again can't take picture inside).
Saw a Hogwarts courtyard.

Also tomorrow I'm going to eat breakfast at the bakery down the road, go to the Serpentine gallery in Hyde Park, and get a library card (I really can't wait for that I'll finally get good wi fi while kickin' it old school at the library). Then as a group we're going to go see a show. Sooo excited. The end.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having an amazing time! Hope you have adjusted to the new time zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blue doors. How adorable.
    Also, most of the pictures remind me of What a Girl Wants, because I am not a huge harry potter fan (Im a loser I know), What a Girl Wants is the first movie to come to mind haha.
    And I know you can appreciate that! :)

    Looks rainy and busy. but still JEALOUS!
    be safe, no Taken reenactments.
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post! Looks like you are having tons of fun! You are 2/3rds finished with your posts. You'd better save your last one for the last day you're there! haha! Oh and I love your gray cords and cute flower headband. Can't believe you're in London! We need to figure out a time to skype! Love ya and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post intrigues me as well.

    ReplyDelete