Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cambridge

Yesterday, we took a day trip to Cambridge. Lets just say Cambridge University makes BYU look lame. It was a BEAUTIFUL campus and I can't wait to see Oxford. We started off our tour of Cambridge by taking a punting tour of the university. It was most definitely the highlight. Our tour guide was way funny and the 9 of us on our punt had a jolly good time on the Cam river. Then we just walked around this massive campus/town the rest of the day.









On our way to Cambridge we stopped off at the only American cemetery in the UK.


Today, we took a tour of Parliament and it was way neat. We aren't allowed to take any pictures inside but let me just say the House of Lords room was AMAZING. After leaving Parliament we walked down the street to the National Gallery (we have to go there this week for fine arts) and  we walked right in the middle of the protest. Thousands of students (well just people in general) started picketing, protesting, rioting, (whatever you want to call it) right down the main road. They started at the National Gallery (where we were headed) and were marching to Parliament (where we were coming from). It was crazy, but cool to witness. I think it's a bit funny that they are protesting for free college education...I'm sorry you have to pay hardly anything for school..NOT! Oh socialized education. Anywho it's been a solid weekend. Now I'm off to plan my Young Womens lesson.
Sara and I at Parliament
In the middle of the madness.

5 comments:

  1. Look! They're picketing for NHS. They must be all about service or something. I think they sound friendly :)
    (joke.)
    I love you Heather! And I'm singing at your sister's farewell tomorrow and I'll think of all your musical talents while I'm up there. Have fun teaching YW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hair is ALWAYS looking adorable in these pictures ps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! That last picture is hilarious. I LOVE all the pictures. CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. My blog stats are awesome cause of you, I have viewers in the UK haha woo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to figure out how to do blog stats haha how do you do that?

    ReplyDelete