Wednesday, January 12, 2011

All That Jazz

I started school this week, and for one of my classes we are required to keep some type of journal, scrapbook, or blog to record our experiences while in London... and we get graded on it. So for all you doubters of my blogging abilities, (namely Kelley) I will be blogging regularly seeing as it is an assignment. At first I didn't know how good I would be at keeping a blog, because it feels a bit like a project, but now it has become a project... making it that much worse. Anywho, regardless of how I feel I know I'll be grateful that I kept up with my abroad experiences. So without further ado this is what I have been up to the past couple of days...
Saturday, Jamie and I rode a double decker bus to...

  Buckingham Palace where we saw the changing of guards.






Then that night the whole group went to The Woman in Black (It's a ghost story and it was pretty good). There was a creepy rocking chair. Nuff' said.


Sunday I went to Church, I'm part of the Hyde Park Stake and I got my ward assignment. I'll be in the Lea Valley ward with 4 other abroad friends. I'm seriously so excited! It sounds like they really look up to us, since most of them are converts, and we've been in the church our entire lives. Apparently that ward hasn't had a bishop for 2 months and is in dire need of any help they can get. Can you imagine a ward without a bishop?
Monday, Lyse, Emily, and I went to this really yummy crepe place, I'm drooling thinking about it right now. Really.
Then a bunch of us went to Liberty (duh) and then went back to that crepe place afterwords. Yes I may have gone there twice in one day, but in my defense the first time I got a savory crepe and the second time a dessert/sweet one. Also, the crepe guy told us if we came back the next day he'd give us a free crepe. It sadly never happened.
Then last night a few of us (Liz, Katie, Jamie, Me, Lyse, Carly...LOVE them) went and saw CHICAGO! I left my morals in the Salt Lake airport (joke) but the show was amazing.
Then today, we took our first Field trip and left London, we went to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Bath. That's me and Maddie at the Salisbury Cathedral.
Me at Stonehenge. It's still a mystery to me how they stacked those 40 ton rocks...
Me and Lyse at the Roman Bath...it's pretty sweet and apparently has healing powers. Elizabeth the 1st was barren and then she came to Bath and got in the Roman Bath tubs...and then was said to have a child. We also saw the Royal Crescent while in Bath.
Lyse and I kissing our pence (obviously for good fortune so our wishes can come true) to throw into the west Bath.
  
P.S. my classes are pretty much the bomb. It's been pretty busy, but I'm loving every moment! Also, good news...I'm done with Kitchen Duty. WAHOO!

6 comments:

  1. You have exceeded my expectations:) 4 posts!! Wow...I never thought I'd see the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much freakin fun!! I am JEALOUS! I will tell you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of the food you're eating, especially the crepes! Can't wait till we get to roam the streets of Paris in a few weeks. It look like you're having a ton of fun, see you in February! Peace out.

    p.s. I'm moving in a month, viva Las Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOKAY. I hate you. Just kidding...but really. a;slkdfj;saldkfja;s looks like you are up to lots of fun adventures! And I wish I could join you and Ryan, but alas I will be slaving away at 6:30 am. bugga :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelley- Oh ye of little faith.

    Brooke- Keep it up I love comments, and know I can count on you since you feel the same way.

    Ryan- First off...I CANNOT wait till Paris. Second you're really moving? This makes me sad especially since there are a lot of hot girls with me that I want to set you up with. BUT you know what this means for me...road trip! I'm coming to vegas...Kelley you in with me?

    Hayley- How's 7am scripture study going? hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are having the time of your life! Wish I was there! I guess you are sad that kitchen duty is over:(

    ReplyDelete