Sunday, April 3, 2011

This Week...

*Has probably been one of the best weeks of my life. NO JOKE. Highlights from each day:

Monday: went to Billy Elliot, fell in love with a 12 year old, laughed till my stomach hurt, and drank a smoothie. Loved.

Tuesday: went to a football (soccer) game (London v. Ghana) at Wembley stadium, sat behind the most die hard Ghana fan EVER, had a blast, watched my professor dance his heart out, laughed once again till my stomach hurt, and soaked up every minute with 40 of my closest friends.

Wednesday: Ate entire chocolate cake with Lyse and rocked out to Whitney Houston (How Will I Know, in case you were wondering).

Thursday: Arrived in Portugal, went straight to the beach at like midnight, sat and talked for an hour or so in the sand, and loved the warm weather.

Friday: BEST DAY. Ate actual pancakes, went to the beach, frolicked in the waves, played football (soccer) with Roberto, ate ice cream, went to the pool, layed out and listened to our ipods, ate more ice cream, went out to eat that night, layed on our balcony talking and laughing our heads off at our ridiculous sunburns. Seriously worst sunburn ever. FIRE!!!










Saturday:Woke up (well watched the sunrise, because I never really fell asleep...I got shoved to the couch, and had the worst sunburn ever, lets just say I didn't sleep that night), couldn't move, got made fun of, Jamie and I went outside on the patio and sat on the couches for 3 hours, managed to get some ice cream and cereal, played mash, chatted, and winced in pain.


Sunday: Woke up looked at Jamie, watched conference, ran (well hobbled) with Jamie and bought Aloe and food, ate bagels and a smoothie while rubbing Aloe on and watching conference.


It really has been the perfect week.


* a few important lessons learned from the week:

1. Always wear sunscreen. ALWAYS. (even if it costs 10 euros)
2. Don't put on lotion after a sunburn, and don't take a hot shower. Fatal mistake.
3. Definitely do more spur of the moment vacations (Portugal was a great decision).
4. Even though I love London (it will always have a special place in my heart) I realized that Summer will ALWAYS be my favorite season, that I will ALWAYS love the sun (even if it does burn me), the beach will ALWAYS be my favorite vacation spot, and I will ALWAYS prefer scorching hot weather to rain.
5. This is all coming to an end entirely too soon. I almost shed some tears when we (friends at the centre) were talking about it earlier this week.
6.  Conference weekends are always the best weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment