Friday, March 25, 2011

Chocolate and Waffles and Fries Oh my

Belgium is honestly the coolest place ever...who knew? I'm so glad we went to Brugge because I would have never of thought to go there in my lifetime but it was BEAUTIFUL and every shop was a chocolate shop, so it was definitely my kind of city. It was also built on a river and is kind of like Venice, but cleaner. I ate more chocolate, waffles, and fries in one day than most people eat in a lifetime. Seriously. At first I didn't understand the hype of Belgian waffles, but trust me they deserve all the hype in the world. I want more right now...they're soo good. The weather was perfect and I WILL make it back again sometime in my adult life...it's that amazing. Nuff' said.
About to go on the boat tour


Lovin' Brugge

Windmill Dance

Jamie and I at the Chocolate Museum

YUMMM

I whisked my own hot chocolate...yes the cup the chocolate chips are in is also made of chocolate..
After Brugge we went to Northern France and visited some WW1 burial sites and went to the Somme valley area. It was actually pretty cool; we walked in the very trenches that many young men did 90 or so years ago. It's pretty rad that for history we visit these places rather than read about them...basically my life is awesome.

Laura and I in the Trenches
A Canadian Cemetery

2 comments:

  1. Brugge is another place with your kind of food!! Sounds like you had an amazing time too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were on sacred ground in the Somme and in Flanders fields. To think that your great grandfather's brother and uncle (along with many others) gave their lives in that very area:(

    ReplyDelete