Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hiking

For all those who know me know I loathe hiking, camping, really anything too outdoorsy (besides swimming and laying on the beach). But since I've moved to London I have this new found love for the outdoors-- weird, I know. It's like I've finally had a transcendentalist moment or something. I really just can't get enough of the outdoors. So on Wednesday this old man named George took us study abroad students on a 9 mile countryside "hike" (it was more of a walk, except for one part) in the English countryside, and I absolutely LOVED it. I'm planning on doing some camping/hiking trips this summer when I get back, since Utah is one of the best places to hike. 
 
Then Thursday after classses a group of us went to Jersey Boys, and we all loved it. There is strong language in it, but the music was phenomenal. I love Franky Valli and the 4 seasons (they sounded just like them) I know my dad would have loved it. Except there was this really REALLY drunk older lady behind us she was shouting the words to every song and dancing--the usher had to come over and tell her to be quiet, it was quite embarrassing on her part. 
Yesterday, another group of us did a Harry Potter sight seeing tour. We just walked around London and saw some sights where they filmed parts of the movie. Most of the sights I had already seen from when I did some walks around London (Diagon alley was the Borough Markets, Gringotts was the Australian embassy etc etc).

Gringotts

Ministry of Magic

3 comments:

  1. Miss. Bodily would be proud of your use of "transcendentalist"
    Good girl.
    Looks cold and fun! still jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whhhaatt the Harry Potter!!! I'm so jealous you are in London. I cannot wait to stalk you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jo, truth is I've been stalking you for quite sometime now, but thought it might have been creepy of me to comment. I will now officially add you to my list and not be ashamed to comment. I love your blog :) haha

    ReplyDelete