Monday, February 14, 2011

Cheers, from Scotland

...well technically I'm not in Scotland anymore, but we can pretend.  I'm sorry I have have been lacking on the blog posts, but not having a computer a for a few days will do that. So back to Scotland...it was probably the coolest place I've ever Ever EVER been. Really though, I don't know if I've had more fun in my life. Thursday was probably the best day (well to this point, I expect it can be trumped on future trips to Paris, Wales, Ireland, Northern France, Belgium, Italy and Greece but we'll see). Well we left the centre at 6:55 am on Wednesday to head to Kings cross to take a train to Scotland. You can't get much more Harry Potter like than that (well at least according to Blake) but little did he know it got way more Harry Potter ish looking for Tom Riddle aka Voldemort's grave in the cemetery in the dark (story to come).  Recap of the past few days in Scotland.

Wednesday: Edinburgh Castle, tons and tons of tartan and shops, St. Giles Cathedral, mac and cheese, and a traveling production of Annie at the Playhouse.


Thursday: Hiking King Arthur's Seat, Palace of Holyroodhouse, Scottish Parliament, more shops, People's museum--weird, 3 cemetery's (one where Tom Riddle resides, the another where Adam smith does) Laura has a fetish with cemetery's, Green Hill Far away aka Calton Hill, The Chocolate Soup, The Elephant House, and deep friend candy bars.
Friday: Arriving in New Lanark, New Lanark tour and the Annie McCloud exhibit (creepier than Voldemort's grave-- she was a ghost telling us all we are the future while riding on the seats that are like at the Haunted Mansion, it's an attraction that Disneyland definitely needs to add), hiking to a waterfall, arriving in Stirling, going to Stirling Castle, Maddy and I ditching the castle to go get scones, us being stranded alone in Stirling for 6 hours. Don't you worry we filled our time with scones, milkshakes (kinder bueno and Caramel Cadbury very very good), multiple bathroom stops, going to the mall and realizing it everything closes at 5:30, getting kicked out of H&M and the ice cream parlor, going to the cinema to see Tangled, going to Nando's, and then hiking the hill in the rain at 10 o'clock at night wondering where the heck we are in this strange town.

Saturday: Went to the Wallace Monument, hiked the Wallace monument, got on the bus headed back to Edinburgh and went to the Train station to take the Train back home to London. Nearly 7 hours later we were home (only because our Train was stranded somewhere for 2 hours without movement) that is all.
Oh and I arrived home to this:
I am a happy happy girl, what a great week. Oh and in case any of you are wondering, yes I did try Haggis.

3 comments:

  1. As usual, I'm jealous! Sounds like a fantastic few days seeing another country of your ancestors:)Glad you got our chocolate package but I doubt you really need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather heather. you're life is awesome.
    jealous, like your mom.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a ton of fun. Tell Harry Potter hi for me and that I love him.

    ReplyDelete