Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gettin' Crunk On St. Patty's Day

St. Patrick's Day this year was out of control, and totally awesome. I can't even describe what the parade was like so I took video footage ('you' can ask to see it when I get home). I will try to explain it to the best of my abilities: Tim Burton meets the circus meets techno meets crazies. It didn't make sense (unless you're drunk, which in that case it might make sense).




Highlights of Ireland include:
  • The parade (even though it was freakin weird).
  • Dancing in the streets, and yes I was surrounded by a crowd of 100 people give or take doing a solo riverdance. It may or may not have been the highlight of my life.
  • Watching drunk people from the window of my hostel with my roomies.
  • Going to the Guinness factory (it's the beer factory) and getting a sprite at the top.
  • Only drinking out of flask the whole time I was there (thank you Kelley).
  • Hearing the most horrible rendition of poker face EVER and yes he said "the next song we'll be playing is poker face by Rihanna (confused faces) I mean Lady Gaga."
  • Meeting milkshake man, we fell in love at the milkshake shop. Also the oreo madness milkshake I got.
  • Live music going all week long
Ireland, you were great to me; I miss you and hope to make it back again some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment