Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Should Be A Miner

...Okay not really, but don't I look good? Big pit was probably my favorite part of Wales or should I say Cymru? Did I mention Welsh is a funny funny language? Well it is, basically it's a language full of consonants (trying to pronounce anything is a joke) luckily most people speak English, and by most people I mean everyone. Big Pit is an old coal mine in Wales, and our tour guide was hilarious. Basically I have a crush on him, but he's like my dads age...creepy, I know. Maybe he has a son. Here are some photo Highlights of Wales (and England. Yes we thought we were spending 3 days and 2 nights in Wales, and we spent 1 night in Wales...confused? So were we).
Maddy, Laura and I in the English countryside (The wind was a little out of control, in case you couldn't tell. Funny story, my brother Ryan was telling me last week that in southern France he was literally moved by the wind and had never felt that before; I was like ya you're weak I haven't ever felt that..well now I have).

Gadfield Elm Chapel (part of the church history tour that never ended).
Me at Tintern Abbey
At the Big Pit gift shop...I shoulda got that hat. (Yes I'm aware Blake is a creep)
 
Gardens by the Castle at St. Fagans.

1 comment:

  1. You do look kind of cute in that helmet:) Did you know that many of your Welsh ancestors were miners? No wonder you felt comfortable in the mine,it is in your blood!!

    ReplyDelete