Sunday, August 7, 2011

Feeling Good

It's feels oh so good to be on the left side of the road again. As I type I'm sitting at the McDonald's (in the largest mall in the Southern Hemisphere), just like I did for so many months. I love it, I love being phoneless. I feel free and not tied down. Yesterday was picture perfect. We got into Brisbane and went to Auntie Val's for afternoon tea and treats on the terrace. We ate some delicious chocolate cake, and passion fruit cake. We then walked the dogs along the Brisbane river, and it's just as beautiful as I remember it. I love spending time with my favorite old people. They're deaf, but it doesn't matter because we all seem very content. Then we pulled up to 20 Luke street. I haven't seen Grandad's house since I was 11, but it hasn't changed a bit. It was just as it was when I spent my summers here as a kid. I'm loving the food, the people, and the winter warm weather. We have yet to take pictures, but don't worry I know my mother, and there will be plenty of pictures soon. I'm feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment